In light of the COVID-19 situation, RCDWR is taking precautions in our department to keep employees healthy and help prevent illness in our workplace and the community. We are monitoring the impacts of the situation and will adjust accordingly. If changes are made, we will post notifications on the RCDWR home page and via social media.
Although the situation could change as new information is obtained, at this time, the following RCDWR activities remain active, following all safety and health guidelines:
Among precautionary measures at this time:
- The Department's Moreno Valley Headquarters is closed to in-person visits effective 03/18/2020. The public can contact the department through its website www.rcwaste.org or call 951-486-3200.
- The Department strongly encourages the use of face coverings for all customers and passengers who enter the landfill in addition to maintaining a six foot social distance. Acceptable face coverings include scarves, bandanas, neck gaiter, or other fabric coverings. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as N95 masks are not required and are better suited for medical personnel.
- Effective March 25, 2020, the Oasis landfill will be closed on Saturdays. Alternate Saturday only disposal locations can be found HERE.
- Effective March 25, 2020, Badlands, Lamb Canyon, and El Sobrante landfills will not accept cash payments. Credit cards, debit cards and deferred payment business accounts are still accepted.
- Community Cleanups are cancelled through May 2020. The next scheduled cleanups are in September 2020.
- Make Your Own Worm Bin Classes have been cancelled through June 2020. The English version of the on-line class is available HERE. The Spanish version of the on-line class is available HERE.
- Lamb Canyon education center visits, Moreno Valley resource garden visits, and Community exhibitor attendance have been cancelled. Requests will continue to be accepted and RCDWR will contact requestors when scheduling resumes.