Become a Volunteer!
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Outreach Volunteer with the Riverside County Department of Waste Resources.
Our main job with the Department of Waste Resources Outreach Program is to help county residents help the environment. We are the best resource to help county residents manage their waste in the most environmentally sensitive way possible. As a volunteer, you will become a resource for your local community by providing your neighbors with the information and tools they need to recycle, compost and manage their waste legally and responsibly. This is accomplished by conducting presentations and classes, assisting with classes, and representing the Department at outreach events where you will encourage residents and businesses to become more aware of waste reduction, recycling, and proper disposal of waste through opportunities for source reduction, composting, and other programs available in Riverside County.
As a volunteer, your efforts will help your community and the environment!
Typical Outreach Volunteer Opportunities:
- Conduct presentations and classes on topics such as composting, vermicomposting, recycling, and source reduction.
- Staff information booths at various community events and promote Department programs.
- Act as a mentor for community/school gardens.
- Assist at presentations and classes, including set up and tear down, selling of compost bins, answering questions, etc.
- Click here to see our current list of volunteer opportunities
- Recognition for your help
- Make a difference in the community
- Gain knowledge and learn new skills
- New experiences
- Meet new people
- Extensive training in recycling
- Continuing education through meetings and field trips
- Gain public speaking experience
- RCDWR Volunteer Shirt
Have questions? E-mail our volunteer coordinator at Waste-Volunteer@rivco.org or call 951-486-3200.