In light of the COVID-19 situation, RCDWR is taking precautions in our department to keep employees healthy and help prevent illness in our workplace and the community. We are monitoring the impacts of the situation and will adjust accordingly. If changes are made, we will post notifications on the RCDWR home page and via social media.
Although the situation could change as new information is obtained, at this time, the following RCDWR activities remain active, following all safety and health guidelines:
- Landfill operations, with the exception of Saturdays closures at the Oasis landfill as noted below.
Among precautionary measures at this time:
- Effective March 25, 2020, the Oasis landfill will be closed on Saturdays. Alternate Saturday only disposal locations can be found HERE.
- Effective March 25, 2020, Badlands, Lamb Canyon, and El Sobrante landfills will no longer accept cash payments. Credit cards, debit cards and deferred payment business accounts are still accepted.
- The Department's Moreno Valley Headquarters is closed to in-person visits effective 03/18/2020. The public can contact the department through its website www.rcwaste.org or call 951-486-3200.
- Community Cleanups are cancelled through April 2020
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection events cancelled through April 2020.
- Drop & Shops will be closed through April 2020.
- Community Outreach Classes have been cancelled through April 2020.
- Lamb Canyon education center visits have been cancelled.
- Moreno Valley resource garden visits have been cancelled.
- Community exhibitor attendance has been cancelled.
- Speaking engagements have been cancelled.
- Requests for speaking engagements, community exhibitor attendance, and education center and resource garden visits will continue to be accepted and RCDWR will contact requestors when scheduling resumes.