Construction and Demolition (C&D) Waste

Construction, demolition and renovation (CD&R) waste includes debris generated by the construction, demolition or renovation of buildings, homes, mobile homes, and other structures.

Depending on the material used in the construction of the structure, the waste may be hazardous and can pose health hazards to solid waste workers. This waste includes material such as lead (from lead-painted building materials) or asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).

Lead-based paint can be harmful to the environment when landfilled. Asbestos and ACM which contain friable asbestos at quantities greater than 1% is considered hazardous asbestos waste and can expose landfill users and solid waste workers to severe health hazards.

Riverside County must comply with the California Green Building Standards Code, which includes mandatory C&D recycling. For information contact the Riverside County Building and Safety DepartmentProjects that require a building permit may have the potential to generate C&D waste and therefore may be required to complete the following:


Step 1:  Waste Recycling Plan (WRP) - Form B to identify the expected material types and locations for recycling of C&D waste resulting from the project, prior to permit issuance.

Step 2:  Waste Reporting Form - Form C is required upon completion of the project, prior to final inspection and demonstrates the actual quantity of C&D waste recycled.

  • Recycling Locations
  • Recycling Tips!

This information above is offered as a public service in an effort to eliminate illegal and improper waste disposal. As the information may not be comprehensive, the Department encourages the public to research additional companies that are available for the services sought. The companies are not affiliated, endorsed or regulated by the Department. Accordingly, as with any professional service, please confirm the accuracy of the company’s information and request copies or verification of the company's license and/or permits to provide the service, prior to utilizing its services. Under no circumstances, directly or indirectly, shall the Department be held responsible or liable for reliance on this information.  If you would like to include your company on the list, please contact or call (951) 486-3200.